Notices

Thread: soundbar?

1. soundbar? 
    I've been thinking about getting a sound bar for my TV instead of a full speaker system. I would like one that I can hook wireless headphones up to for when the kids go to sleep. and probably something Best Buy sells since i have some points built up.

any recs?
    Twitter: @KV4S
    Google+: Russell Thomas
    Steam: KV4S
    Raptr: RussellThomas

Well I can't say I have a ton of first hand knowledge on soundbars but I did sell them at Bestbuy. It's all really a matter of space issues. If you don't have the space for a proper 5.1-7.1 system soundbars are a decent choice. At least slightly better than the TVs own speakers. There's an argument that it's better to use a soundbar than the TV speakers incase you wear them out. That's a bit of a myth and usually by the time speakers die out you're onto a new tv anyways.

Why do you want it? Are you not satisfied with the sound you already have? Have you thought about a 2.1 system instead of a surround sound setup?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHurrDerr View Post
    Well I can't say I have a ton of first hand knowledge on soundbars but I did sell them at Bestbuy. It's all really a matter of space issues. If you don't have the space for a proper 5.1-7.1 system soundbars are a decent choice. At least slightly better than the TVs own speakers. There's an argument that it's better to use a soundbar than the TV speakers incase you wear them out. That's a bit of a myth and usually by the time speakers die out you're onto a new tv anyways.

Why do you want it? Are you not satisfied with the sound you already have? Have you thought about a 2.1 system instead of a surround sound setup?
    I went to best buy and was browsing what they had, i heard a demo of some of the sound bars and they sounded much better than the tv speakers. i believe most of the bars i looked at said they are 2.1 systems.

I probably have the room for any thing but I really didn't want to mount speakers on the wall (wireless or not) plus the couch is right up against the wall so rear speakers probably wouldn't be that effective.

examples of what i've been looking at:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-2-1-channel-soundbar-with-wireless-subwoofer/7905104.p?id=1218862381506&skuId=7905104&st=catego ryid$abcat0205007&cp=1&lp=3

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-2-1-channel-soundbar-system-with-wireless-active-subwoofer/1308107927.p?id=mp1308107927&skuId=1308107927&st=c ategoryid$abcat0205007&cp=1&lp=9#tab=buyingOptions
    Last edited by @Russell-KV4S; 07-30-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Wow.. for that price.. Fuck man. You might as well as jury rig up some much cheaper computer speakers. My livingroom 5.1 system is a Logitech system I had for my computer. It created a hell of a racket so I moved it downstairs for my "theater" sound system. It was only 350.

Not sure a soundbar is worth the money they're asking.

Hello Everyone!

Can anybody help me on how to install 40 in samsung sound bar hwf450? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CecilFrank View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Can anybody help me on how to install 40 in samsung sound bar hwf450? Thanks!
    plug it in. crank to 11.